Best Gold IRA Companies To Invest With in 2017
In a report compiled in September 2014 by the former Director of the US Mint, Edmund Moy, he stated that by 2013 2.5-4% of the total assets held in an IRA were in non-traditional forms such as gold. (see article here)
With the uncertainty of the stock market and other commodities such as oil, investors are looking for ways to diversify their retirement accounts, to lower risk and improve growth potential.
Below is a table showing the key facts for the leading gold IRA companies, with a link to their individual reviews. This information will hopefully give you an idea of who may best fit your requirements, and guide you in your discussions with your chosen provider.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN PICKING A GOLD IRA COMPANY
When choosing your gold ira provider, you want to make sure you are getting the best option available. Below are some of the key considerations you may want to take on board when selecting your provider:
Ratings - what are previous customers saying about the company they have used to set up their precious metals IRA? One key benefit of the internet is the easy access to information and feedback about companies. Organizations such as the Better Business Bureau, the Business Consumer Alliance and TrustLink all provide up to the minute feedback containing praise and complaints, to enable you to see the reliance and quality of a company.
Fees - Each provider structures their fees differently. Some have a flat yearly fee; some charge a percentage depending on the level of investment going into your IRA. While both have their benefits, you may want to consider the fact that a scaled charge will rise the more you add to your account over time. With a fixed cost, you know up front exactly what you will be paying.
Set up Time - You will want a company that offers to set up your account quickly. Of course, there may be some factors that delay the length of time to set up your account, especially if you have to involve a 3rd party, but on average a company should not take more than seven working days to get everything set up for you.
Why We Chose Regal Assets As Our Number One Gold IRA Company
In the table above you will see that they come out top with regards to the fees they charge in comparison to the other companies. They, like some other companies, have the top ratings with the BBB and BCA with no complaints. They have the highest number of positive reviews on TrustLink, in fact, we could not find any legitimate complaints about Regal Assets online.
In addition to this, we recommend Regal due to the following features and benefits they offer:
Order Your Complimentary Gold IRA Rollover Kit
- A DVD copy of the award-winning documentary on the secrets of the Federal Reserve;
- Forbes magazine investment guide;
- Guide on how to rollover your IRA & 401(k)
- And a special report on the performance of gold since 2008.
Simply click on the image above to order your today,
OR CALL 1-855-628-9249
Additional Things To Consider When Selecting A Gold IRA Company
The first thing to consider is whether you are going to set up a new IRA account or rollover an existing one. If you chose the latter and chose to set up what is commonly referred to as a gold IRA rollover, you will need to speak to your chosen provider as there are limitations as to what you can do. For example, if you have 401(k) in place that was started by a former employer, you can roll that without too much difficulty, compared to an existing 401(k) from your current employer. This is just one thing to consider, but don’t worry, any good gold ira provider will go through all this with you before you start.
Here are some topics you will want to get clarified from your provider when setting up your account.
As we have pointed out already, the fees you are charged by each company differs from being either a fixed fee or a percentage of the total investment.
Here is what you will need to get clarified from your provider concerning fees.
• Account Opening Fee. Because a gold IRA is a tax deferring account, it can only be opened by a custodian who has been officially approved by the Internal Revenue Service. The fees charged for opening the account do vary from custodian to custodian, although you should not expect to pay more than $50 for the opening of an account. Some the gold ira companies mentioned do have a panel of custodians for you to select from. Ask the provider of your choice to give you with a list of fees the various custodians they recommend charge. Otherwise, you will have to ring each approved custodian separately, and that can be time-consuming.
• Transaction Fee. A transaction fee is payable every time you add precious metals to your account. Therefore if you plan to add to your account over time, it is worth considering minimizing your transactions to keep a number of times you have to pay this fee, low. A transaction should not cost you more than $40 each time, so we are not talking big bucks.
• Account Maintenance Fee. Each custodian charges their own fees for this, so this is a fee you want to get clarified before you start. The variance in fees between custodians is quite high ranging from $50 a year to $250 a year, so don’t forget to ask about this before starting your new IRA.
• Fund Transfer Fee. You can expect to pay around $25 for the transferring of funds
• Storage Fee. You can’t store your precious metals for your IRA at home. Otherwise, you will be liable for the tax. Correct storage at a depository is needed, and that comes with a fee. Depository storage fees vary depending on each depository and can range anywhere between 0.5-1%.
The fees mentioned above are purely guidelines. You will need to check with your ira provider and custodian of choice on the full costs they charge, before opening your account
Range of Metals
Not every precious metal is allowed into a precious metal IRA. In fact, not every gold coin or bullion bar is allowed in either. There are stipulations that have to be met by the gold IRA company in line with IRS regulations. We have provided a full list of precious metals allowed in an IRA so you can compare with those offered by your company. Many companies offer excellent selections of collectibles at great value too, but unless they are on the list of approved coins, you won't be able to add them to your retirement fund.
Please note that the content on this website does not constitute financial advice and should not be taken as such. The owner of this site may be paid to recommend Regal Assets or other companies. The content on this website, including any positive reviews of Regal Assets and any other reviews, may not be neutral or independent. It is advisable to always speak to a certified financial advisor before making any investment decision.