- Address: 226 Dean A.McGee Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73102
- Phone# : 1 800-375-9006
- BBB Rating: A+ with 31 complaints in the last 3 years
- BCA Rating: AAA with 0 complaints in the last 3 years
- Trustlink Rating: 5/5 based on 1 review over 4 years
Credibility: Apmex sells over 8000 items on their website, making them one of the biggest providers of precious metals in the US. According to their website they have sold over ninety four million ounces of Silver and over two million ounces of gold. Apmex was started by Scott Thomas. In addition to operating in the US, Apmex also sells precious metals in over forty countries worldwide.
Website: www.apmex.com – Because they sell the number of items they do, you can expect their website to be rather large.You can navigate the site depending on your requirements. They offer you their top picks and have put each metal in its own category, making it easier to find what you are looking for. They also offer other items such as copper, storage boxes, currencies, and jewelry. (As a side note it is worth knowing if you don’t already that copper cannot be added to a precious metals IRA.)
Phone Number: 1-800-375-9006
Minimum Investment amount: None
Reviews On Apmex Across The Internet
- BBB Rating & Complaints: A+ rating & 31 complaints in the last 3 years (Find Apmex Details Here)
- BCA Rating & Complaints: AAA rating & 0 complaints in the last 3 years (Find Apmex Details Here)
- CitySearch: N/A
- Complaints Board: 2 complaints in the last 3 years (Find Apmex Details Here)
- Facebook: 500 reviews generating 4.4 star rating (Find Apmex Details Here)
- Google+: 7 reviews generating 4.5 rating (Find Apmex Details Here)
- RipOff Report: between 2009 – 2012 6 complaints were generated (Find Apmex Details Here)
- Trust Link: 1 review in 2012 generating 5 stars (Find Apmex Details Here)
- TrustPilot: 7,000 reviews generating overall score of 9.6 (Find Apmex Details Here)
- Yellow Pages: N/A
- Yelp: 20 reviews generating 2.5 stars (Find Apmex Details Here)
Do They Buy Back?: They do offer a selling service where you can sell to them precious metals. The minimum transaction is $1,000 and they provide all their customers with a refund, return and/or exchange policy on everything they sell including all bullion and certified coins. This right is limited to fourteen days from the date you receives your purchase.
Benefits of dealing with Apmex:
- BBB A+ rating
- No minimum order value.
- Family owned & the largest selection to choose from.
- 14 day refund policy
Apmex is based in Oklahoma City and has been in operation since 2000 is still run by Mr. Scott Thomas.
Gold IRA Rollover
Apmex does provide a gold IRA facility. They do have a wide selection of metals for you to chose from. Because of the wide choice available it is best to speak with their separate IRA department to ensure you are adding the right metals to your account. With regards to an gold IRA custodian service, they offer you the chose of six various custodian companies to choose from.
Things To Consider
When setting up a gold IRA rollover you want to try and keep the process as uncomplicated and time consuming as possible. One of the biggest factors that takes time is having to ring around custodians to get information on fees and process etc. Apmex suggest that you open up your account with your chosen custodian first, fund it then contact them to purchase your precious metals. With them offering so many custodian choices it is going to take time to ring them all and work out the best one for you. With that in mind, either make sure you allocate extra time in the account set up process while you do your extra research, or find a gold ira company who will do it for you.
Apmex Review Scoring
There is no doubt that Apmex is the largest provider of gold and silver, for you to chose from. As a one of the top gold IRA providers, they do focus mainly on coins rather than bullion. For collectors they are a great company to deal with due to the vast selection they offer.As a gold IRA company, it seems the process may take you some time due to the vast choice of custodians. There are other gold ira companies that specialize just on precious metal set up and can possibly do it faster.